You Are Cordially
Invited to Join Our Club
You are cordially invited to join us. Like our Club logo, the Lawrence’s
Warbler, we are a hybrid mix of serious professionals, listers and twitchers,
neophytes, and fun loving average bird and nature enthusiasts. We like
to make our club an interesting and educational experience where all can
The Alan Devoe Bird Club is named in honor of Alan Devoe, the Columbia
County naturalist and conservationist. We promote the study, enjoyment
and protection of birds and other wildlife and promote the preservation
of wildlife habitat and the conservation of natural resources.
With your support the Alan Devoe Bird Club sponsors many worthwhile activities.
These activities include:
- Management of the Wilson M. Powell Wildlife Sanctuary in Old Chatham,
- Publication of The Warbler, our monthly newsletter.
- Support of educational opportunities for children and adults.
- Field trips and surveys in search of birds, plants and other wildlife
starting in the fall with our annual Labor Day walk, continuing with
the Christmas Bird Count, the Century Run/Birdathon in May and many
other field trips/walks throughout the winter, spring and summer.
We value your membership and look forward to your participation and support.
For a further description of the club’s varied activities, see
We Do page.
Our annual dues vary by category:
Supporting Adult $35
Supporting Family/Household $50
Individual Life $500
The dues cover the period January
1 through December 31. Donations are also accepted for designated areas.
When you join you will receive the following:
- a subscription to our monthly newsletter, The
- a copy of the ADBC field trip schedule
- a copy of the Columbia County Bird Guide
produced by Columbia County Tourism
To join, click on the link below, print and complete the form, and send
it in with payment. We look forward to welcoming you as a new member!